Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Missing Mike & Anticipating August 6

For those of you who may not know, my amazing husband has been completing an internship in Greenville, NC this summer at a personal injury law firm. He left to begin this 12 week journey on Sunday, May 9. We both began something new on Monday, May 10. He started his internship, and I started a new job in the Pediatric Cardiac Cath Lab. I am still working with children with heart defects, but I am in a procedural area where I hang out with the kids for a bit, they go to sleep for the cath, I send them back to recovery & usually they go home that same day!! This has been a nice change for me & I am working 5 days a week! Mike & I have gotten to see each other on the weekends, which has been nice, but the good-byes are never my favorite part :( There is light at the end of the tunnel though because it is almost time for Mike to return to Charleston for good!! He will be coming back on Friday, August 6!!

I wanted to share a few things that have kept me going during the week between visits with my man. 1) The Bachelorette every Monday night...I know this show is silly, but I LOVE it & it gives me something to look forward to on my first night alone after a great weekend with Mike!

2) My precious, snuggly, very very sweet dog, Lucy!!! She has been my saving grace because she is always loving on me, she needs me, she has lots of energy, she snuggles with me, and I can talk to her anytime! She is the BEST dog in the WORLD!!

3) So You Think You Can Dance every Wednesday night...I LOVE this show too! The result show comes on Thursday! Then before I know it, it is Friday & I get to see Mike again!! I miss him like crazy, but I do think this has strengthened our relationship. We have had lots of fun-filled weekends together & made the most of our time together! Hey, I even learned how to mow the lawn!! Come on August 6, I need my husband back so the highlights of my life are not reality TV shows!!! :)

2 comments:

cyndy said...

Sad about the distance between you and Mike right now; but way excited you are blogging again!!! wink Keep it up. I love reading about your life Sarah May (Leech)! ha During Andrew's school year, I too live for t.v. shows. No worries, we can be pathetic together! wink

staci with an i said...

glad you're blogging again!